Application Deadline: June 30, 2023.
The Junior Professionals Program is an
opportunity for qualified professional women in West Africa to transform their passion for international relief and development work into a career with Catholic Relief Services. Over a 12-month period, each Junlor Professional will build core skills while working alongside experienced staff and supporting critical programs. Junior Professionals will benefit from strong mentoring and regional networking as they prepare for positions of
greater responsibility with CRS
The Junior Professionals Program is currently available in Ghana, Senegal Liberia, Gambia, Guinea, Burkina Faso, Niger, Mali and Sierra Leone.
• Master’s degree in related field (e.g Economic Development, Agriculture, Health, Business, Administration, Finance, Human Resources, Supply Chain)
• Received Master’s degree within 24 months of program start date (Oct. 2023)
• At least six months of relevant work experience (e.g. internship, practicum, volunteer or paid work)
• Excellent speaking and writing skils in the official business language of the country (French or English)
• Citizen of a participating country (see above)
• Excels in collaborative multicultural environment
• Willngness to travel (up to 25% of the time)
• Willingness to be based in field offices outside of the capital city during JPP program year and after program completion
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and research skills
• Agile, proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented
• Strong presentation and facilitiation skills
This is an entry-level salaried position with
benefits. This position is competitively
compensated in respect to the local labor
• Practical training: Through hands-on experience and extensive training, Junior Professionals will grow and develop their skills in project design; program management; monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning: partnership building; and operations
• Mentorship: Each Junior Professional will be paired with a mentor wiho wil be actively involved in providing guidance, feedback and career coaching.
• Customized Professional Experience: In addition to the core tralining, Junior Professionals will build their skills in a specific area related to their professional development goals, and strategically position themselves for onward positions with CRS.
• Regional Networking: All Junior Professionals will be part of the regional community of practice that will share successes, challenges, and lessons learned from their work
• Prepare a motivation letter
• Prepare your resume or CV
• Complete the online application
• Strong candidates will be contacted in August for an in-person interview. CRS will extend offers to the finalists in September 2023, after conducting background and reference checks.
• The 2023 Junior Professionals Program will begin in October.