Deadline: June 30, 2023
Location: Ghana, Ghana
Organization: African Union
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability
• Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Head of Communication
Directorate/Department/Organ: Office of the Secretary-General
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P2
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Accra, Ghana
Purpose of Job
The Web Designer and Content Officer will be responsible for designing and developing AfCFTA website.
• Designing branding materials
• Ensure the Systems Performance Management
• Controlling and management of the Security & Risk of the websites and Social Media systems
• Monitoring & Measurement
• Lead the review, (re)design and development of ACFTA websites
• Ensure all interfaces are accessible, usable and secure, and align with the requirements of AU standards and policy.
• Develop testing routines and procedures, correct testing-identified problems, or recommend actions for their resolution.
• Create graphics for print and digital
• Use design software to create logos and web graphics
• Manage design revisions
• Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
• Identify or address interoperability requirements
• Develop or document style guidelines for web site content in line with AU brand identity
• Develop and support effective web-based tools to enable secure dynamic delivery of web content
• Administer internet/intranet infrastructure, including components such as web, file transfer protocol (FTP), news and mail servers.
• Provide specialist relational database support and advice for the purposes of developing dynamic web applications.
• Recommend web site improvements, and develop budgets to support recommendations
• Manage the day to day operations of the AUC digital platforms – websites, social media platforms, mobile applications etc.
• Consult and liaise with the MIS department to ensure all web development aligns with the AU Information Technology Architecture, Web Applications Architecture and Facilities Management requirements.
• Manage and ensure registration and protection of all AU Domain names
Systems Performance Management
• Administration of a web content management system including the implementation, configuration, support, management and maintenance of supporting applications.
• Implement updates, upgrades, and patches in a timely manner to limit loss of service
• Test new software packages for use in web operations or other applications
• Evaluate or recommend server hardware or software
• Install or configure web server software or hardware to ensure that directory structure is well-defined, logical, secure, and that files are named properly.
• Develop or implement procedures for ongoing web site revisions including documentation of application and web site changes or change procedures.
• Test issues such as system integration, performance, and system security on a regular schedule or after any major program modifications.
• Check and analyze operating system or application logfiles regularly to verify proper system performance.
• Evaluate testing routines or procedures for adequacy, sufficiency, and effectiveness.
• Determine sources of web page or server problems, and take action to correct such problems.
• Interface for performance issues with service providers and address issues with hosting companies and maintain a strong relationship with these partners to avoid downtime
• Identify or document backup or recovery plans
Security & Risk Management
• Monitor systems for intrusions or denial of service attacks, and report security breaches to appropriate personnel.
• Implement web site security measures, such as firewalls or message encryption
• Identify, standardise, and communicate levels of access and security to AUC digital platforms
• Back up or modify applications and related data to provide for disaster recovery.
• Test backup or recovery plans regularly and resolve any problems.
• Content Delivery & Multimedia Communication
• Lead the identification and development of new tools for use across various platforms including mobile apps
• Work in close collaboration with the multimedia teams to ensure all broadcasts for live transmission over digital platforms have adequate preparation and support and assign web team to manage live streaming sessions
• Moderate forums and Chat sessions on websites and social media sites
• Ensure all content on social media platforms are uploaded in the highest quality, current and have clear search reference / tags
Monitoring & Measurement
• Develop web site performance metrics
• Set up and maintain monitoring tools on web servers or web sites
• Track, compile, and analyse web site usage data and report regularly on performance
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Director
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
University Master’s Degree in Marketing Management, Information Communication and Technology, Public Relations, Advertising and any other related studies with 2 (two) years proven continuous experience in Web design, Content Management, SEM and Digital Marketing .
Professional certification in digital marketing is an added advantage
Bachelor Degree in Management, Information Communication and Technology, Public Relations, Advertising and any other related studies with 5 (five) years proven continuous experience in Web design, Content Management, SEM and Digital Marketing.
Professional certification in digital marketing is an added advantage
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
• Ability to work independently to meet critical and competing deadlines (multi-tasking), to produce high quality work in short timeframes;
• Excellent interpersonal/teamwork skills,
• Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of common computer applications and systems; • Excellent drafting, reporting, communication and presentation skills.
• Strong program/project management skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent planning and organizing skills
• Ability to liaise with a diverse range of people and stakeholders;
• Proficiency in one of the African Union working languages. Proficiency of two or more of the other working language(s) would be an added value.
• Applicants must be proficient in one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish). Knowledge of one more or several other working languages would be an added advantage.
Teamwork and Collaboration..
Accountable and Complies with Rules..
Analytical thinking and problem solving..
Job Knowledge and information sharing..
Drive for result..
Continuous Improvement Focus
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 31,073.00 (P2 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), a Housing allowance of US$ 21,832.68 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
How to Apply
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applications must be made not later than June 30, 2023.
Requisition ID: 1841