Application Deadline: July 28, 2023
In a bid to promote sustainable development and educate the future generation about the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), AIIDEV Africa has launched the second cohort of the Teach4SDGs. The Teach4SDGs programme is a 12-week intensive training that includes 10+ advanced workshops, lectures, comprehensive readings and assessments, and practical projects that will allow school educators to deepen their understanding of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The programme will cover the 17 SDGs and their targets, as well as relevant topics such as Education for Sustainable Development (ESD), Climate Change, Environmental Sustainability, Green and Circular Economy, Project Management, Technology and Innovation for Educators.
The goal of Teach4SDGs is to equip teachers with the resources needed to educate the next generation to achieve a sustainable future. The project will provide teachers with the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to effectively teach their students about the SDGs, and support the integration of the SDGs into the existing curriculum. By integrating SDG-based education into the curriculum, the project aims to promote sustainable development, increase awareness, and encourage action toward achieving the SDGs.
Selected applicants will be onboard and enrolled in the 12-week intensive training and SDGs activation programme starting on the 5th of August, 2023.
The following opportunities and benefits will be available to participants of the Teach4SDGs Programme:
• Acquiring advanced knowledge and skills on the SDGs, ESD, and other concepts of Sustainability.
• World Recognition and Certification for outstanding performance and contributions towards the achievement of the SDGs.
• Build and connect with a network of like-minded Educators committed to promoting sustainable development.
• Gaining access to mentors who will provide guidance and support throughout the programme.
• Developing practical skills in project management, community engagement, and advocacy.
• Building their resumes and enhancing their career prospects.
To participate in this programme, please note the following criteria before proceeding with your application:
• Application is open to all Primary and Secondary School Teachers both in Public and Private Schools across Sub-Saharan African countries.
• Ability to commit at least 4 hours in 2 days per week throughout the training programme. All sessions will be conducted in the English language.
• Applicants must be between the ages of 20 – 45 years.
• Availability to partake in virtual training and conduct SDGs Activation in your school.
• Interested in being a development and transformation agent who promotes student learning about the SDGs.
• Applicants must not necessarily be acquainted with the knowledge of the SDGs 2030.
NB: This programme will be conducted virtually using various learning and communication platforms. Please consider if you will have a reliable internet connection to participate when applying.
Click HERE to apply