Application Deadline: July 15, 2023
The [Africa Future of Work and Entrepreneurship] Fellowship is designed to equip young innovators across Africa to create research-driven solutions to solving employment challenges and enabling young Africans to thrive in the entrepreneurial future of work.
As part of the fellowship, participants will explore the landscape in their countries through research to understand the realities of employability, the future of work, how jobs are being created in the entrepreneurship sector, the challenges and opportunities, and what can be done to make it more effective and valuable. They will also explore projects that help more young people to get and use entrepreneurial skills and start entrepreneurial projects.
The fellows will conduct research, engage with stakeholders, discover market opportunities, and use human-centered design to launch simple and efficient initiatives and solutions that address the objectives stated. They will pilot their projects and come up with research reports, a live project, and a presentation of their research/projects at the 2023 Africa Future of Work and Entrepreneurship Summit in Kigali.
This is for young people and professionals passionate about entrepreneurial job creation and the future of work
• Practical data and contextual realities on the employment, entrepreneurial and future of work realities in Africa.
• Innovative and practical solutions that address identified challenges or amplify the effectiveness of existing solutions in the space.
• Young, skilled African innovators with a research-driven, innovative and human-centered mindset solving the employment and future of work challenges and harnessing the African opportunity
Components and Program Flow
The fellowship comprises the online experience and the opportunity for an offline summit in Kigali Rwanda in November 2023.
Learning Modules include:
• The Entrepreneurial Future of Work
• Research Techniques and Methodologies
• Partnerships and Stakeholder Management
• Market Research and Opportunity Identification
• Human-Centered Design
• Project Development and Management
• Communication, Presentation, and Pitching
• Business Models and Business Strategy
• Marketing and Sales
• Financial and Legal Considerations
The weekly flow will include Self-learning sessions, Peer presentations, pitching and feedback, Mentor sessions, progress deliverables, and occasional social sessions
Project and Submission Outcomes
• Core Deliverables
• Research Outcomes Report
• Innovative Solution implementation
• Weekly Deliverables
• Experiential and Practical Learning Content
• Guidance from Experts and Mentors
• Collaborative Peers and Community
• Support of Innovative Projects
• Post-Fellowship Network and support
• Partial or full sponsorship to Africa Future of Work & Entrepreneurship Summit in Kigali, Rwanda.
• Citizen and resident of an African country
• Passionate about the future of work, employability, and Entrepreneurship
• Able to commit 15-20 hours weekly and engage in all program activities
• Be a young, passionate, and self-driven African, 18-34 years old
Selection Announcements: July 17 – 21, 2023
Fellowship Kick off: July 24, 2023
Mid-program travel sponsorship selection: July 24, 2023
Africa Future of Work and Entrepreneurship Summit, Kigali: November 11-12, 2023
Fellowship round-off and alumni program launch: December 1-2, 2023