Application deadline: February 15, 2023
The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme (YFP) is a six-month fellowship for 25 leaders uplifting emerging and developing markets towards a sustainable future. It aims to offer targeted support to scale these young founders’ ventures and develop their leadership abilities as well as creating equal opportunities for all in emerging markets.
- The participants will take part in a two-day digital kick-off conference which will take place on March 3 and 6, 2023.
- The Young Founders will benefit from a six month (from March – August 2023) remote programme which will include a personal mentor, monthly peer learning sessions, monthly expert workshops and networking opportunities with corporates and investors.
- Contacts with investors and corporates.
- The ten best performing Young Founders will be invited to attend a five-day fully-funded international conference in Berlin, Germany.
- During the five days conference, the participants will have the opportunity to pitch in front of investors, join networks, and get an insight into Germany’s start-up scene.
- Provides opportunities to prior alumni of the fellowship and gets to know their successful methods of business in emerging markets.
The ideal candidate:
- Must be a citizen or resident of an emerging or developing country.
- Must have started a for-profit company in recent five years. The focus of the company must be on developing or emerging markets.
- Must be a young entrepreneur with high potential for impact and growth to become a leader of a sustainable future.
- Your company possesses a scalable business model that has ideally generated revenue or have secured its first round of external funding.
- You or your business possesses disruptive qualities that can increase the quality, impact or inclusiveness of the industry.
- You are available to attend the digital kick-off conference and can make time to participate in programme activities for six months during this fellowship.
- You possess a good working knowledge of English.
- Candidates have to apply online.
- The candidates must have their startup pitch deck.
- The candidates have to provide their correct and basic financial information regarding revenue and funding.
- The candidate must have a LinkedIn profile and/or CV.
- If you have any technical issues while applying you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
- Answer all the questions asked in the application very carefully and comprehensively so that they could be understood properly.