Apply Before: 26th April, 2023, 03:59 AM
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the National Programmes Coordinator, the Administrative and Programme Assistant provides ongoing project and administrative assistance and support to the Technical and Logistical Assistance Project to Narcotics Control Commission to counter Drug Trafficking project, performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
The Administrative and Programme Assistant works in collaboration with the operations, programme and project staff in the CO to exchange information and ensure consistent services delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provide Programme support to management of ongoing project activities.
- Support to administrative and logistical services.
- Support to project maintenance and assets management.
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Any other task assigned by the Supervisor.
1. Ensures provision of support to Project management team of ongoing activities, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide inputs in the preparation of work plans.
- Assist in arranging logistics, preparing agenda and coordinating with related stakeholders for organizing workshops when required.
- Assist in minutes taking for program/project meetings.
- Assist in coordinating of the planned events of the project.
- Assist in drafting inputs for the project’s reports.
2. Ensures effective administrative and logistical services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contacts with visitors and project personnel, arrangement of appointments and taking minutes at meetings.
- Compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions.
- Maintenance of records/ documents/ files relating to the project in a user-friendly manner.
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents.
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Assistance in proper control of supporting documents for payments and financial reports.
- Check related forms delivered by Implementing partners for completion before submitting to the Finance Assistant for verification.
- Proper receipting of goods and services.
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memorandum and reports to partners.
- Assisting in organizing, executing and coordinating logistical requirements by drawing up an event timeline, programme schedule and checklist for successful holding of events.
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Support in the preparation of budget, and provision of information for audit.
3. Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Act as the Asset Focal point in the maintenance of records on assets management
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
- Provision of support to maintenance of common premises and common services
4. Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/programme staff.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
5. Provide assistance to all other projects for UNODC as directed by supervisor.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNODCs mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
- Knowledge of programme management and administrative support activities including administrative policies, processes and procedures.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
- Remains calm in stressful situations.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise.
- Is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda.
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position.
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning & Organizing:
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies.
- Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required.
- Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work.
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
- Uses time efficiently.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 6 years of experience with Senior Education or 3 years of experience with Bachelors’ Degree
- With Bachelors’ Degree minimum of 3 years or Secondary Education minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience in Administration, Programme Support Service, Finance, Human Resources Management or related field is highly desirable.
- Experience in general office support and project management is desirable.
- Work experience in a United Nations field office, particularly in West Africa, will be considered an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Experience in working with UNODC project management is a strong advantage.
- Readiness to travel within the region.
For this post, fluency in the English language is required.
Please note that Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Job Identification: 9649
- Accra, Ghana
Posting Date: 04/11/2023, 11:12 AM
Apply Before: 04/26/2023, 03:59 AM
Job Schedule: Full time
Agency: UN Office on Drugs & Crime
Vacancy Type: Service Contract Holders
Practice Area: Governance
Bureau: Regional Bureau for Africa
Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education & Work Experience
Bachelor’s Degree – 3 year(s) experience OR High School certificate- 6 year(s) experience
Vacancy Timeline: 2 Weeks
To apply, visit the official portal here https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/9649/?utm_medium=jobshare
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.