Application Deadline: 24th May 2023.
Company: Nestlé Central & West Africa Ltd.
Location: Atlantic Tower, Airport Residential Area, Accra, Ghana
Position Type: Full-Time
Minimum Educational Qualification: Minimum of bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Engineering, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Supply Chain or other relevant field.
Minimum Relevant Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in Procurement or a relevant MBA equivalent. Project Management and a commercial background are a plus.
Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest Food and Beverage company in the world. At our very core, we are a human company driven by our purpose to improve the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé CWA is currently looking for a Strategic Buyer who would be responsible for developing, validating, communicating and implementing sourcing strategies for locally managed categories following the defined Strategic Sourcing Process tools, templates and policies. She/he would ensure the efficient implementation of new or changing items/services, Procure To Pay channel management and new suppliers.
A day in the life;
- Defining and implementing the strategies for the locally managed categories at Market level; utilizing the Strategic Sourcing Process tools, templates and policies developed by the organization.
- Performing supplier market, category and supply risk analysis; developing TCO(Total Cost of Ownership) understanding, as well as the map of how sourcing process and channels work within the locally managed category; identifying improvements to be targeted.
- Preparing and executing negotiation events, seeking best TCO(Total Cost of Ownership) contracts and beneficial commercial agreements with suppliers for the locally managed categories.
- Ensuring compliance to Nestlé’s business principles, policies, standards and Procurement Policy, Procurement Standardized Model, Nestlé Supplier Code, Best Practices, etc.
- Establishing relationships with stakeholders to integrate category plans and outcomes in local budgets and price planning processes as required.
- Integrating innovation, renovation, and post-award cost improvement elements from suppliers into Nestlé’s innovation and renovation processes.
- In partnership with SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) experts, leading the planning and regular contract SLA reviews with suppliers and other functional partners, such as quality, etcetera.
- Ensuring effective contract management follow-up activities are in place (e.g. SAP contracts, purchasing info records, master data, etcetera).
- Leading cross functional projects that would deliver strategic value in ensuring supply & improvement of procurement process.
What Makes You Successful?
- Demonstrated experience in implementation of sourcing strategies for different spend categories over a sustained period (between 3 to 5 years).
- Experience in one or more spend categories as a Sourcing Specialist, using the Strategic Sourcing Process.
- Demonstrated successful use of risk management, responsible sourcing and supplier relation management.
- Strong analytical skills with high capability on Microsoft Excel usage, negotiation, and business-writing ability.
- Remarkable communication and problem-solving skills.
- Good system and relevant software usage prowess.
- Ability to manage senior level stakeholders.
- Strong conflict resolution and leadership skills.
- Bilingual – Ability to speak and write in both English and French.
How do I apply?
“Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer, seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, age, religion, nationality, disability or perceived disability, medical condition, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law”.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.