About the job
As a Tax Trainee, you will work on various tax engagements in different industry sectors in which EY is acknowledged as a market leader, specifically in financial services, energy & utilities, oil & gas, mining & metals, telecommunications, industrial products, automotive, retail and consumer products, real estate, etc…
Your Client Responsibilities
- Prepare various tax returns and supporting schedules and assist with the filing of the returns
- Prepare tax advice for clients and assist with the procurement of tax exemptions and waivers
- Liaise with the GRA on behalf of clients
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Comply with risk management procedures
- Build strong internal relationships within the business tax compliance team and across other service lines.
Your People Responsibilities
- Positive attitude and demonstrate willingness to learn
- Work constructively with team
- First degree holder from a recognised Tertiary Institution;
- Hold a Second Class Upper or better;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (other language is a plus);
- Proficient IT skills (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- A student member or affiliate of the ICAG/ACCA OR a high motivation and drive to pursue a professional accountant qualification. Membership of ICAG/ACCA is an advantage.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Attention to detail with a commitment to high quality and accuracy
- Desire to exceed expectations
- Interest in the different fields of tax
- User level IT (Ms Office) knowledge
We offer you
Work with a bright, friendly, enthusiastic and energetic team
Develop your personal and business skills by working on challenging projects with some of the most well-known companies as well as through our extensive learning and development programs
Receive a competitive intern remuneration package
Who We Are
At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world’s most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives.
At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It’s how you make a difference.
Our globally coordinated tax professionals offer connected services across all tax disciplines to help clients thrive in an era of rapid change. We combine our exceptional knowledge and experience with the people and technology platforms that make us an ideal partner of clients for their tax-related needs.
EY has competencies in business tax, international tax, transaction tax and tax-related issues associated with people, compliance and reporting and law. As a tax professional at EY, you’ll work in a high-performing and inclusive environment that offers you great opportunities to develop an interesting and fulfilling career, wherever you are in the world. You will work in multidisciplinary teams to handle complex issues and resolve challenges for leading companies. We’ll support you in your professional development, so you achieve your potential.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should visit the official site here.