Application Deadline: Friday, August 30, 2023.
The Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA) is looking for a talented, innovative, proactive and a motivated individual with excellent analytical, written and digital communications skills to join our team as a Programme Officer – Communications.
The Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA) is a regional independent non-governmental organisation. It is a media development and freedom of expression advocacy organisation that works to empower voices for public good. It works with national partner organisations in all 16 countries in the region. Read more about them here
Key Responsibilities of the Position
The role requires a strong background in producing and marketing, editing and delivering high-quality written and multi-media content on tight deadlines, with an exceptional ability to multitask. The right candidate must be an outstanding, innovative and analytical content developer with exceptional creativity and analytical competencies.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
• Leading the process of producing, editing and effectively distributing multi-media content about our programmes/projects, especially, our learnings and impact
• Conducting regular analysis and producing reports on projects and activities being implemented for effective outreach and visibility
• Continuously innovating to ensure that MFWA uses the best digital tools available, while evolving and adapting emerging trends and platforms for digital marketing
• Packaging MFWA’s communication products (alerts, statements, reports, policy briefs, audio-visuals) for social media, in accordance with the digital strategy and advocacy campaign objectives of the organisation to maximise engagements
• Tracking MFWA’s website analytics, social media performance and email newsletters, and contribute to data-informed decision making
• Generating and discussing content ideas with programme staff, and editing content produced by programme staff
• Other duties that may be assigned.
• Master’s Degree in the Social Sciences or Arts
• At least five years post-qualification experience as a development communication professional, communications account executive, an editor with a reputable media organisation (online or print) or a content producer and marketer with a proven track record of producing quality content in the field of development.
• Excellent editing skills with the exceptional ability to reduce complex text and material into easy-to-read or listen, engaging content.
• Experience working with NGOs and/or mainstream media will be a great asset.
• Ability to communicate in both English and French will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their cover letter and CV to applications[@]mfwa.org with Communications Officer as the subject of your email.