Application Deadline: 31st May 2023
The ‘Accelerating inclusive green growth through agri-based digital innovation in West Africa (AGriDl)’ intervention supports innovations to address key challenges related to climate change, sustainable use, and management of biodiversity as well as responsible production and consumption among farming communities in West Africa.
AGriDl aims at strengthening innovation systems and fostering adoption of agri based digital technologies in West Africa. Digital technologies offer potential to make it easier and more efficient for farmers and small business owners, especially women and youth to produce (thanks to access of information and technologies) and market their goods and services, leading to greater profits. AGriDI will increase identification, adaptation, and use of agri-based digital technologies by farmers.
SMEs especially women and youth to enhance agricultural production and marketing though strengthened linkages between research communities, industry, and policy actors, and improved policy environment.
The target groups for this call are:
i) scientists and researchers in universities and research institutes
ii) agri-business owners and proprietors of
legally incorporated small and medium enterprises
iii) innovators in tech hubs, innovation labs, and university technology transfer offices
iv) policy makers in national government ministries, departments, and agencies responsible for creating enabling policy environment to promote digital innovations, including those responsible for rural development, gender and social inclusion
v) farmers in legally registered groups and cooperatives based in the eligible countries.
Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo.
• Grants for co-development and adaptation of digital innovative solutions to enhance agricultural productivity.
• Grants for digital innovative solutions to establish market linkages for farmers’ produce.
• Grants for development of policies to support digital innovation.
• Grant budget per project: EUR 150,000 – 300,000
• Period of grant: Up to 15 months from date of award
• Submission deadline: May 31, 2023
• Expected date of publication of award decision: June 30, 2023