The new UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem Exchange Program invites people from African countries and Germany to explore the history of colonialism from different perspectives and to engage with our postcolonial present.
You will develop projects in the fields of culture, education and sustainability that you can implement together in Germany.
UNESCO is the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. It seeks to build peace through international cooperation in Education, the Sciences and Culture.
UNESCO’s programs contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals defined in Agenda 2030, adopted by the UN General Assembly in 2015.
Benefits of UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem Exchange Program 2024
Through the kulturweit Tandem project, you are making a contribution to a world without discrimination. You will gain international experience, let your creativity run free during the project phase and build a network that you can stay involved with for a long time to come.
Requirements for UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem Exchange Program 2024
- You can apply for the first round of kulturweit’s Tandem programme if you are of age and live in Germany, Ghana, Cameroon, Kenya, Namibia or Togo.
- You must have a basic knowledge of German as well as French or English. You should have excellent knowledge of one of the three languages.
- Keenness for international exchange
- Curiosity and openness to other people and places
- Sense of responsibility and independence
- Enjoyment of volunteering
- Willingness to commit to full-time work (i.e. 38.5 to 40 hours a week) and to integrate into a team
- Interest in the history of colonialism, postcolonialism and the critique of racism
- Pleasure in project work
The kulturweit team of the German Commission for UNESCO is carrying out a preliminary selection process within the next four to six weeks. After the preliminary selection phase, all applicants will receive a notification about the status of their application by email.
At this time, rejections or positive intermediate notifications are being sent to the applicants, which will be taken into account in the second phase of the selection process.
Then all remaining applications will be handed over to one of kulturweit’s partner organizations for final selection. The selection process will be completed within ten to twelve weeks.
Sending out application notifications
Once the partner organization has completed the selection process, all applicants will receive an application notification by email. At this time acceptances, rejections and notifications about being on the wait list are being sent out.
The applicants who receive an acceptance notification will have about one week to decide whether to accept or decline the assignment offer. Assignments that are declined will immediately be offered to the next applicant on the wait list.
September 15, 2023
How to Apply UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem Exchange Program 2024
All interested and qualified persons should visit UNESCO on www.kulturweit.de to apply.
For more details, visit UNESCO website.