ONSHORE – ACCRA / GH – AA
The Process Engineer provides daily and ongoing process engineering support to facilities operated and maintained by MODEC Ghana Limited. The Process Engineer’s role is to complete the process engineering discipline inputs as applicable to all Management of Change or specific maintenance, production and operations work activities specifically related to the FPSO operations.
This includes but not limited to:
- Leading O&M assigned tasks in the Process Engineering function and/or operations.
- Support in managing professional Process Engineering work involving considerable independence in approach, demanding considerable degree of originality, ingenuity, judgement and good knowledge.
- Liaising and coordinating work activities with other discipline engineers to achieve deadlines, targets and objectives.
- Providing innovative and cost effective solutions for operational problems and capacity constraints facilities.
- Liaising and coordinating with client and offshore teams in relation to MODEC financial KPIs for topside production and processing facilities.
- Exploring and advising on opportunities and methods of maximizing/optimizing production performance.
- Acting as a focal point for Condition Base Monitoring-Performance monitoring & reliability improvement of topside process equipment
- System Custodian of topside production and process facilities/equipment.
- Undertake analysis and investigation of plant trips and deferrals to generate actions for improvement and optimization topside process
- Recommend technical solutions to problems relation to top side process equipment arising from facilities.
- Be focal point for CBM Performance monitoring & reliability improvement of topside process equipment.
- Be a System Custodian on topside process e who is responsible for ensuring that the system remains fit for service by ensuring that its performance standard is met, that maintenance and inspections are up-to date and issues are managed and risks properly mitigated until resolved.
- Lead miscellaneous Process Engineering activities and/or providing expert level technical knowledge and guidance in all phases of projects (conceptual engineering, basic engineering, detailed engineering design, construction, installation and commissioning).
- Ensure proper division of work & responsibility among the process engineers, providing proper guidance & integration of work done, ensuring good, positive & healthy working nature among the team to ensure optimum productivity & efficiency
- Process design & detail engineering including performing process simulations, design calculations, Process Optimization, sizing & selection of equipment etc. Review documents, specifications, datasheets, verification design & calculations.
- Preparation of various engineering deliverables (Drawings & Documents) such as Process Flow Diagrams, P & I Diagrams, Process Datasheets, Equipment Specifications, Cause & Effect Diagrams, control philosophies, shutdown philosophies, Operation & maintenance manuals etc. and providing necessary engineering inputs to the other disciplines and other departments.
- Participation in discipline-related workshops (i.e. cost and schedule, construction review, HAZOP/HAZID & Risk assessment etc.), and attend meetings with outside engineering consultants.
- Schedule and expedite work to the Process Engineering team on Engineering and projects.
- Evaluation of vendor’s quotations, clarifications & Technical Bid Analysis.
What are the minimum qualifications an employee must have in order to perform the duties of the position? (i.e. educational requirements, licenses, certification, work experience, training etc.)
- Bachelor Degree in Process engineer / Chemical Engineer discipline.
- Desirable Chemical or suitably experienced.
- 10 years experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry. An FPSO experience is desirably.
- 5 years experience at supervisor level.
- Demonstrate good work ethic & knowledge of the relevant Ghanaian and International standards applicable to the oil & gas industry, and how they relate specifically to the facility operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy in office packages, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should Click Here to Apply